House Management supports the MATCH mission by playing a vital role in the patron experience and the production operation. The House Managers will be one of the first faces that patrons will see when they visit the MATCH. They manage the coordination of front of house activities to ensure that patrons have a safe and pleasant experience. Under the supervision of the Patron Service Manager, the House Manager will work with box office staff, stage management, and coordinate the ushers and volunteers during the performance.
- Prepare the performance space to ensure it is ready for the public; walk-thru to ensure that the theatre, lobby and breezeway are clean, and any issues in the house are brought to the attention of stage management.
- Coordinate with box office, stage management and renting companies on any patron-related notes and issues before patrons arrive.
- Assist rental companies to prepare any programs and distributions that will be distributed to guest through ushers and volunteers.
- Assist with set up and teardown of any front of house event ie. receptions, talk backs etc.
- Supervise and assist ushers and volunteers; provide orientation on roles and expectations before, during and after performances.
- Work closely with stage management and the box office staff to ensure start of show; address any issues with patrons, ticketing, and late-seating
- Monitor lobby before, during and after a performance or event.
- Submit house reports to MATCH staff regarding all areas of the front of house and performance.
- Have a sound knowledge of the building area, especially those areas that are open to the public.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or higher, or at least 1 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience sufficient to carry out the functions of the position.
- Professional demeanor and ability to deal with multiple groups of people with various backgrounds and situations.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and make reasonable decisions.
- Strong customer service skills and focus.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Management skills to lead certain groups of people.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work evenings and on weekends.
- Hospitality/Event Coordination/Public Relations/Communication experience
- Knowledge of visual and performing arts
- Experience in computerized ticketing systems
How to Apply
Email resume and references to Fong Chau, Patron Service Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call to make inquiries.