Founded in 2006, Lone Star Lyric has carved out a unique niche in Houston's theater community. Our mission is to explore the untapped lyric theater repertory of the past and to promote new works by living American composers.
2015-2016 marks our 10th Anniversary Season and we are celebrating 10-fold! We have ten months of fantastic cabaret shows and two brand new operas planned this year. Our cabaret series features music from the Great American Songbook in a New York-style jazz cabaret. Some would call it a cocktail concert with no dress code. Our summer opera festival this year features two new operas commissioned by Lone Star Lyric. We are very proud to bring to the stage the works of living composers. This summer marks our 9th and 10th new operas.
Become a Lone Star Lyric 2017-2018 Season Subscriber!
Past Events at MATCH
- January 2017: GA GA FOR GERSHWIN
- December 2016: WHITE CHRISTMAS - SING-A-LONG, then CLOONEY & CROSBY - SING-A-LIKE
- December 2016: A SWINGIN' HOLIDAY - Musical Sleigh Ride
- October 2016: SARAH BRINDLEY: Back in the Spotlight
- October 2016: OCTOBERFEST: Polkas, Oompahs & American Songbook
- June 2016: Cabaret Matinee
- June 2016: "Night at the Algonquin" with a "Cocktail Hour Cabaret"
- June 2016: "Three Skeleton Key" and a "Radio Cabaret"