Direct Path to Detour is a new dance work by Portland-based choreographer Takahiro Yamamoto. Grounded in the idea that a sense of who we are is rooted in our embodied experiences, this dance evokes mental and physical states at the intersection of value systems, social pressures, expectations, and personal experiences of four dancers.Read more
You are here
“My Spanglish Hip Hop Story” is a one man show following the timeline of a young immigrant's journey and influences, from the third world to the ultimate melting pot. It is music, poetry, dance, multi media, and storytelling. A story of struggle and the power of Revolution, Love, and this thing they call Hip Hop.Read more
- August 2017: KĀVYA: Poetry in Motion
- May 2017: Moments of Wonder
- April 2017: Farmhouse/Whorehouse
- April 2017: Illusions of Urbanscape
- April 2017: Ghana ThinkTank
- April 2017: Movement V: Ballroom
- December 2016: Winter Wonders
- November 2016: 12 Minutes Max!
- September 2016: RISE ABOVE: A Story of Hope.
- June 2016: WE Are PAPER TOWEL: A Cultural Construction performed by Sheila Pepe