Frame Dance empowers Houstonians to communicate, inspire, and connect to the world and others through movement, community and artistic collaboration, and technology.
WHAT IS OUR VISION?: Frame Dance is dedicated to enriching the lives of Houstonians, and welcomes “new” dancers through participatory dance experiences: workshops, classes, performance, collaborations…involvement opportunities are endless. Join the #FramerNation.
WHAT DO WE VALUE?: What makes us different as performers and educators?
- We understand that the study of dance creates compassionate, problem-solving, disciplined, curious, confident, creative members of our society, no matter which careers they choose.
- We are dedicated to the development of the whole person.
- We prioritize intellectual, artistic, and physical creativity through the discipline of dance.
- We encourage strong, healthy body image and self-confidence.
- We value using dance as a way to connect to others, build teams and communities. Dance helps us build interpersonal skills.
- We offer performance opportunities and working with the professional company members.
- We believe in fun.
- We offer opportunities for all ages to be creative together, because we believe in connecting the generations, and dance has no age limit.
HOW DO WE SERVE THE COMMUNITY? Frame Dance serves the Houston metropolitan community by presenting live performances and original films, by offering dance classes for all generations, by supporting local music composers, and by preforming at corporate and city events.
Past Events at MATCH
- May 2016: Through the Sheets of Clouds