|Thursday, Nov. 2||7:00 PM|
|Friday, Nov. 3||7:00 PM|
|Friday, Nov. 3||9:30 PM|
|Saturday, Nov. 4||1:00 PM|
|Saturday, Nov. 4||4:00 PM|
|Saturday, Nov. 4||8:00 PM|
If your desired performance date is sold out, you can purchase a standby ticket during our box office hours by calling the box office at (713) 521-4533 or in person. For full information on how standby works, please visit our box office information page.
ReadFest Houston 2017 celebrates the dynamic play development process by offering free staged or concert readings of new plays or plays new to Houston. During the ReadFest, Houston audiences will be treated to the unique voices of six Houston theater companies, all performing at the midtown destination, the MATCH.
ReadFest 2017 Schedule: (click on the date to be directed to ticketing)
Thursday, November 2, 7PM - Landing Theatre Company
Friday, November 3, 7 PM - Ensemble Theatre
Friday, November 3, 9:30 PM - Luciole International Theatre Co.
Saturday, November 4, 1 PM - Mildred’s Umbrella Theater
Saturday, November 4, 4 PM - Wordsmyth Theater
Saturday, November 4, 8 PM - Next Iteration Theater Company
ABOUT THE PARTICIPATING THEATER COMPANIES
- Next Iteration Theater Company – “In theater, what gets under the skin, what gnaws at the bones is the intimate storytelling, the breath, the voice, the body almost within reach enacting life…”
- The Landing Theatre Company – “Celebrating American Playwriting”
- The Ensemble Theatre – “To preserve African American artistic expression and enlighten, entertain and enrich a diverse community”
- Luciole International Theater Co. – “building new opportunities for artistic endeavors in Houston that embrace our cosmopolitan communities, both locally and internationally.”
- Wordsmyth Theater – “Playwright’s theater dedicated to the development of new theatrical works from formative stages through full production”
- Mildred’s Umbrella Theater – “creating and performing bold, innovative, and fresh theatrical works grounded in the best traditions of the dramatic arts…with a strong feminine presence”
Audiences will be able to join NITC, as well as the other participating theater companies for socialization in the Matchbox 3 lobby between shows, and at various Midtown bars for after-parties.
“I never before saw the idea of multiple, smaller theatre groups banding together under one umbrella like that of ReadFest. It really was inspiring to open up the program and see the names of up-and-coming and established small companies who are already well-respected in the community sharing the same stages under the ReadFest banner.”