Karen Stokes Dance premieres the evening length dance theater project Mapping & Glaciers .
Mapping & Glaciers explores human interaction and nature through the vast, contradictory, and beautiful identities of maps. The project examines manmade and natural boundaries that challenge humans through tribalism and constructs of power, and the shifting shape of our geological environment under the influence of climate change. While the work questions the often-devastating absurdity of human choices, it also speaks to the resiliency of human nature. Mapping & Glaciers creates space for hope, for the possibility of connection and interconnection.
Choreography/film/direction by Karen Stokes, original music by Samuel Lipman, lighting design by Clint Allen, costumes by Ashley Horn Nott. Performers: Brittany Bass, Bethany Logan, Bryan Bradley Peck, Michelle Reyes, Davis Stumberg.Read more
PRESENTED BY KAREN STOKES DANCE
- Tickets to this performance are on a sliding scale. If you are able to give more to support these artists please do!
- $35 General Admission (suggested price)
- $50 Supporter
- $75-$100 Patron
- General Admission seating.
- Wheelchair accessible seating is available.
- All sales are final. There are no cancellation or refunds. To reach the box office, call (713) 521-4533 or email email@example.com.
- Lobby and seating open 30 minutes prior to curtain time.
- The estimated run time is 1 hour, 15 minutes including one intermission.
- NO LATE SEATING for this performance.
- This event is suitable for all ages.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed on the premises.
SAFETY @ the MATCH
Please note the following safety guidelines for you visit to MATCH:
- In accordance with CDC and Harris County guidelines, masks are not required, but strongly recommended for all guests while at the MATCH. Some presenters may require all guests, regardless of your vaccination status, to wear masks inside the theater.
- These precautions are subject to change depending on the public health guidelines.