As a registered 501c non-profit organization, the mission of the Houston Composers Salon is to expand the understanding and impact of contemporary music through composition, performance, and education.
We strive to:
- Cultivate a supportive music environment promoting a diverse selection of music forms
- Foster appreciation for music and participation in musical activities
- Enrich and engage the broader community through performances and educational programs
- Diversity of perspectives.
Formerly known as the Houston Composers Alliance (founded in 1986 by then Houston Symphony Composer in Residence Tobias Picker), the organization was renamed in 2013 to the Houston Composers Salon.
Past Events at MATCH
- October 2016: Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz Love Poems: Music & Poetry