The Garden Theatre's mission is to bring quality, artist-driven storytelling and forward-thinking theatrical experiences to audiences as diverse as the City of Houston.
The Garden Theatre is a 501(c)3 non-profit theatre company that was founded in 2021 by Founding Artistic Director, Logan Vaden. Vaden saw the need for performers who are often labeled as “semi-professionals.” He heard this group lament numerous times that there just wasn’t enough work in Houston to keep them busy in theatre. They longed for a space that felt like a community where they could continuously create art while entertaining their beloved, diverse Houston audience. The company held its inaugural cabaret, New Beginnings, in April, 2021 to a sold out in-person run and a large audience streaming from home. The cabaret won the 2021 Broadway World Regional Award for Best Streaming Concert/Cabaret. The Garden Theatre has announced its first full season, which commenced in October, 2021 with Into the Woods performed at MATCH. To learn more about The Garden Theatre, please visit www.thegardentheatre.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Events at MATCH
- August 2023: Bonnie & Clyde
- May 2023: Louder than Words
- April 2023: Steel Magnolias
- January 2023: A Midsummer Night's Dream
- November 2022: Cruel Intentions: The 90's Musical
- September 2022: While Childhood Slept
- April 2022: School Girls; Or, the African Mean Girls Play
- January 2022: Not a Day Goes By
- January 2022: White Rabbit Red Rabbit
- October 2021: Into The Woods