“The T.R.U.T.H. PROJECT" educates and mobilizes LGBTQ communities of color and their allies through social arts that promote mental,emotional and sexual health.
We are the premier resource for education,empowerment and enrichment of LGBTQ communities of color and their allies.
Launched in March 2011, The T.R.U.T.H. Project, Inc. has become known for raising community awareness about resources that address LGBTQ communities and their allies.
Since its launch, The T.R.U.T.H. Project has had the opportunity to align with Grammy Award-winning artist Chrisette Michelle and Marsha Ambrosius for a special World AIDS Day installment created to raise awareness of HIV/AIDS stigma and HIV testing. The T.R.U.T.H. Project’s greatest impact has been facilitated with local and national artist at its quarterly installments focused on various art forms and concentrated messages.
In 2015, Kevin announced that The T.R.U.T.H. Project, Inc. was awarded 501(c) 3 non-profit tax exemption status for the federal government, allowing for further growth and program expansion. During this time Kevin launched the use of community discussion to bring community members face to face with professional resources to discuss issues that directly affect day to day living, ex. abuse, discrimination, HIV/AIDS, value, self esteem, etc.
Kevin brings an inside-out approach to art utilization towards healing because he believes in personal transformation and social transformations are interdependent. He has worked on the front line in the field of HIV and other health disparities and recognizes the need to continue to foster a space for healing, personal transformation, and social change.
Past Events at MATCH
- January 2023: Glow Up Yoga
- December 2022: And We Rest On Giants
- November 2022: Glow Up Yoga
- September 2022: Black Boy Symphony LIVE!
- August 2022: heART&SOUL Vol. 118: WORTHY
- August 2022: And Through Their Eyes Grow Thorns
- May 2022: Let's Talk About It: Our Mental Health & Wellness Matters!
- April 2022: heART&SOUL Vol. 117: He Loves Her
- March 2022: heART&SOUL Vol. 116: All Hail The Queen!
- February 2022: heART&SOUL Vol. 115: Celebrate!