by Maria Irene Fornes
A signature work of feminist theatre by a giant of the avant-garde. Set in the 1930s, a group of eight women gather at the country home of their brilliant and eccentric friend, Fefu. As multiple conflicts unfold between the old friends, the women struggle to define who they are and what it means to be a woman in a patriarchal society. Though written in the 1970s, FEFU AND HER FRIENDS raises questions and anxieties around gender and identity that endure today. The play features an all-female cast of Houston’s most powerful actors.Read more
Presented by The Catastrophic Theatre
This show contains adult language and situations and is not suitable for children.
Ticket Price: YOU TELL US
We suggest $35. More if you have it. Less if you don't.
It’s not a gimmick, it’s not a trick question. We’re really serious about this.
The $35 suggested ticket price isn’t based on what it costs to make the show (which would make it much higher). And it isn’t based on the role we believe money should play in artistic endeavors (which would make it much lower). It is somewhere in between: a suggestion for those who have asked for one. If you really don’t know where to begin with choosing a ticket price, begin at $35.
“more if you have it...”
If you can afford to, please consider throwing in a little extra to help take care of those who can’t. The theatre experience is better for everyone when it is shared with a large and diverse community. You might even enjoy the show more knowing you helped make it possible for others.
“less if you don’t”
For some people $75 is a lot of money, for others $10 is. We are counting on you to let us know what’s right for you. If you’re a little short on cash, pay whatever you can afford and get us back the next time. And if you enjoy the show and want to drop something in the tip jar on your way out, please do.
Want to pay some other price? Call the box office to reserve by phone: (713) 521-4533
Catastrophic Theatre Ticket Policies & Information
Please Read Carefully
- No Late Seating: Please arrive at the theatre at least 15-30 minutes before the performance. Tickets that are not picked up 5 minutes before show time will be released to the waiting list.
- We will be unable to seat ticket-holders once the performance has begun.
- All ticket sales are final: If you are unable to attend, we will gladly exchange your tickets for another performance or even another production. All exchanges are on a space-available basis.
- All tickets are general admission: Seating is first-come-first-served.
- Mature audiences: Most of our plays include mature themes and are intended for adult audiences. Some may also include sexual situations, violence, or frank language. Please contact the box office if you have questions about a particular play. Small children who might disturb other audience members will not be admitted.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed on the premises.
To reach the box office, call (713) 521-4533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.