The Catastrophic Theatre is an ensemble-based theatre company dedicated to creating a meaningful exchange between artists and audiences through the creation and performance of new work of all sorts.
Formed in 2007 by Jason Nodler and Tamarie Cooper, The Catastrophic Theatre is Houston’s premier creator and producer of new work for the theatre. The nationally acclaimed organization is dedicated to developing productions that foster a meaningful exchange between artists and audiences. A recipient of two MAP Fund commissioning grants, the theatre has gained an international reputation for its original pieces, which have attracted audiences from across the United States, Europe, and Australia. Awarded Best Season, Best Actor, and Best Artistic Director by the Houston Press Theatre Awards in 2017, The Catastrophic Theatre offers Houston audiences a repertoire of challenging, innovative work that can't be seen anywhere else in the country.
Past Events at MATCH
- January 2023: They Do Not Move
- November 2022: They Do Not Move
- September 2022: Happy Days
- July 2022: Tamarie Cooper's Live In-Person Sticky Sweet Summer Show
- May 2022: Innominate
- April 2022: The Book of Grace
- November 2021: 4.48 Psychosis
- October 2021: NSFW: Uncle Walt's X-Rated Montrose Ramble and Bus Tour (A Musical)
- September 2021: The Drama Squad
- September 2021: Tamarie Cooper's Golden Jubilee