The Catastrophic Theatre is an ensemble-based theatre company dedicated to creating a meaningful exchange between artists and audiences through the creation and performance of new work of all sorts.
Formed in 2007 by Jason Nodler and Tamarie Cooper, The Catastrophic Theatre is Houston’s premier creator and producer of new work for the theatre. The nationally acclaimed organization is dedicated to developing productions that foster a meaningful exchange between artists and audiences. A recipient of two MAP Fund commissioning grants, the theatre has gained an international reputation for its original pieces, which have attracted audiences from across the United States, Europe, and Australia. Awarded Best Season, Best Actor, and Best Artistic Director by the Houston Press Theatre Awards in 2017, The Catastrophic Theatre offers Houston audiences a repertoire of challenging, innovative work that can't be seen anywhere else in the country.
Past Events at MATCH
- September 2021: Tamarie Cooper's Golden Jubilee
- July 2021: 30 Ways To Get Free
- December 2020: Tamarie Cooper's Holiday Super Show!
- November 2020: HERZSTÜCK
- July 2020: Tamarie Cooper’s 2020: Quarantine Edition!
- February 2020: Fefu and Her Friends
- November 2019: Baby Screams Miracle
- September 2019: Tragedy: a Tragedy
- June 2019: Speeding Motorcycle
- April 2019: Toast