The Catastrophic Theatre is an ensemble-based theatre company dedicated to creating a meaningful exchange between artists and audiences through the creation and performance of new work of all sorts.
Formed in 2007 by Jason Nodler and Tamarie Cooper, The Catastrophic Theatre is Houston’s premier creator and producer of new work for the theatre. The nationally acclaimed organization is dedicated to developing productions that foster a meaningful exchange between artists and audiences. A recipient of two MAP Fund commissioning grants, the theatre has gained an international reputation for its original pieces, which have attracted audiences from across the United States, Europe, and Australia. Awarded Best Season, Best Actor, and Best Artistic Director by the Houston Press Theatre Awards in 2017, The Catastrophic Theatre offers Houston audiences a repertoire of challenging, innovative work that can't be seen anywhere else in the country.
Past Events at MATCH
- February 2019: Bootycandy
- November 2018: First Suburb
- September 2018: Curse of the Starving Class
- June 2018: THE TAMARIE COOPER SHOW: FIELD TRIP!
- May 2018: Jim Lehrer and the Theater and Its Double and Jim Lehrer's Double
- May 2018: The Strangerer
- April 2018: Small Ball
- February 2018: Leap and the Net Will Appear
- November 2017: Rhinoceros
- October 2017: Evening at The Talk House