The Fairytale Project is a historically inspired tale of a young African American family re-connecting with their East Texas roots. With peculiar encounters with the past- the family cherishes the things that matter the most- family, faith, love and legacy.
The Fairytale Project is inspired by the historical accounts of Jim and Winnie Shankle. Jim, Winnie, and their children were separated when Winnie's master sold her and their children to a slaveholder in Deep East Texas. Unwilling to live without his family, Jim Shankle tested his faith by escaping slavery and making the journey to East Texas through dense forests and the Mississippi River. Reuniting under a Sycamore tree, the reunited couple along with other community members founded Shankleville, which is one of Texas' many Freedom Colonies. Their descendants honor and commemorate their resilience, bravery, and love.
Pneuma is a new dance work by local dance artist Kristina Prats that explores our innate connection to nature, and the idea that from ashes we rise, and to ashes we will return. Pneuma is a representation of the spirit and soul that grounds and connects us to nature and all that it gifts to us.Read more
Presented by the HOUSTON FRINGE FESTIVAL
- Seating is general admission.
- $15 Regular
- Each ticket is subject to a $2 fee at check out.
- Wheelchair accessible seating is available.
- All sales are final. There are no cancellation or refunds. We do not accept AMERICAN EXPRESS. To reach the box office, call (713) 521-4533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lobby and seating open 30 minutes prior to curtain time.
- The estimated run time is 60 minutes with no intermission.
- Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the management.
- This event is suitable for all ages
- No outside food or drinks are allowed on the premises.
SAFETY @ the MATCH
Please note the following safety guidelines for you visit to MATCH:
- In accordance with CDC and Harris County guidelines, masks are not required, but strongly recommended for all guests while at the MATCH.
- All theaters are disinfected before each performance.
- MATCH has made hand sanitizer available in each of our theater lobbies.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- These precautions are subject to change depending on the public health guidelines.