World Premiere by Candice D'Meza
The latest work by local interdisciplinary theatre artist Candice D’Meza is a genre blending, experiential exploration of the quantum mechanics that use imagination to liberate oneself from the confines of linear time. A thematic continuation of D’Meza’s surreal, Afrofuturist film series 30 Ways to Get Free , also produced by Catastrophic, A Maroon’s Guide uses film, technology, performance, and audience imagination to create the perfect environment to escape into space—where a new and better world is waiting for us.
A Maroon’s Guide is D’Meza’s third original performance piece, following Fatherland at Stages, 30 Ways to Get Free , and Wail at Diverseworks Artspace. A consummate theatre artist and self-described “artivist,” D’Meza’s first performed at Catastrophic in 2014 but she has dazzled on most Houston stages and her acting plaudits are many. As a creator of new work for the theatre, her star is on a meteoric rise.Read more
Presented by The Catastrophic Theatre
Ticket Price: YOU TELL US
We suggest $35. More if you have it. Less if you don't.
It’s not a gimmick, it’s not a trick question. We’re really serious about this.
The $35 suggested ticket price isn’t based on what it costs to make the show (which would make it much higher). And it isn’t based on the role we believe money should play in artistic endeavors (which would make it much lower). It is somewhere in between: a suggestion for those who have asked for one. If you really don’t know where to begin with choosing a ticket price, begin at $35.
“more if you have it...”
If you can afford to, please consider throwing in a little extra to help take care of those who can’t. The theatre experience is better for everyone when it is shared with a large and diverse community. You might even enjoy the show more knowing you helped make it possible for others.
“less if you don’t”
For some people $75 is a lot of money, for others $10 is. We are counting on you to let us know what’s right for you. If you’re a little short on cash, pay whatever you can afford and get us back the next time. And if you enjoy the show and want to drop something in the tip jar on your way out, please do.
Catastrophic Theatre Ticket Policies & Information
Please Read Carefully
- All tickets are general admission: Seating is first-come-first-served.
- Pay-What-You-Can tickets are sold in increments of $5 from $0 to whatever you want to pay.
- Each ticket is subject to a $2 fee at check out.
- Wheelchair accessible seating is available.
- All ticket sales are final: If you are unable to attend, we will gladly exchange your tickets for another performance or even another production. All exchanges are on a space-available basis. To reach the box office, call (713) 521-4533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lobby and seating open 30 minutes prior to curtain time.
- The runtime for this performance is TBD.
- NO LATE SEATING: Please arrive at the theatre at least 15-30 minutes before the performance. Tickets that are not picked up 5 minutes before show time will be released to the waiting list.
- We will be unable to seat ticketholders once the performance has begun.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed on the premises.
- This performance is recommended for ages 12 and over.
SAFETY @ the MATCH
Please note the following safety guidelines for you visit to MATCH:
- Masks are strongly suggested, though not required, while at the MATCH.
- All theaters are disinfected before each performance.
- MATCH has made hand sanitizer in each of our theater lobbies.
- If you are not feeling well or have a temperature, please stay home.