Did you miss the live show? Watch the Video-On-Demand from the comfort of your own home!
Using found text, music, stylized physicality, and an abundance of pop culture references They Do Not Move winds its way through an imagined American future in which democracy has been defeated and a disorganized band of vagrants, waifs, and strays are hunted by monarchist forces. Their only defense? An expressionist cavalcade of song and dance. There will be a beauty pageant. There will be a sitcom. There will be conversion therapy. Horror movies, cancel culture, and Texas law feature prominently in this oddly moving, frenetically funny love letter to our city, a devised dance-theatre piece that could only come from the mind of Brian Jucha. Like each of his works, They Do Not Move is sublimely derivative and apropos of everything.Read more
PRESENTED BY THE CATASTROPHIC THEATRE
VIDEO-ON-DEMAND: They Do Not Move - viewable through February 7 at 1:00 AM CST!
Ticket Price: YOU TELL US
- We suggest $35. More if you have it. Less if you don't.
It’s not a gimmick, it’s not a trick question. We’re really serious about this.
- The $35 suggested ticket price isn’t based on what it costs to make the show (which would make it much higher). And it isn’t based on the role we believe money should play in artistic endeavors (which would make it much lower). It is somewhere in between: a suggestion for those who have asked for one. If you really don’t know where to begin with choosing a ticket price, begin at $35.
“more if you have it...”
- If you can afford to, please consider throwing in a little extra to help take care of those who can’t. The theatre experience is better for everyone when it is shared with a large and diverse community. You might even enjoy the show more knowing you helped make it possible for others.
“less if you don’t”
- For some people $75 is a lot of money, for others $10 is. We are counting on you to let us know what’s right for you. If you’re a little short on cash, pay whatever you can afford and get us back the next time. And if you enjoy the show and want to drop something in the tip jar on your way out, please do.
CATASROPHIC THEATRE TICKET POLICIES & INFORMATION
Please Read Carefully
- All ticket sales are final.
- Each ticket is subject to a $2 fee at check out.
- Upon purchase you will recieve a confirmation email that contains the VOD link and access code.
- The purchase on one VOD Access ticket allows viewing for one household. If you plan to watch the video in a group please consider purchasing additional tickets to support the Catatrophic Theatre.
- To reach the box office, call (713) 521-4533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIDEO ON DEMAND INFORMATION
- The performance runs 75 minutes
- This show contains adult language and situations and is not suitable for children under 13 years of age.
- You may view the VOD of this performance as many times as you choose until midnight on February 7.
- If you have any issues viewing the video contact the MATCH box office at email@example.com.