The mission of the Houston Pride Band is:
- To provide a welcoming, comfortable and safe musical outlet for LGBT and allied musicians to participate in a community band setting.
- To encourage interest in public and private music education through concerts and events that uplift and inspire musical interest in people of all ages.
- To use musical performances to support local community organizations and events.
- To host and participate in local, state, national, and international conferences that foster the continuing participation of all individuals in community musical programs.
Serving as a community band in Houston's gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community, the Houston Pride Band has several groups that perform at community events throughout the year as well as concerts and parades. We also provide a fun social experience for musicians.
The Houston Pride Band has a proud history spanning three decades. Originally known as the Montrose Marching Band, the organization was formed by a small group of musicians in 1978 as a way to make new friends and to provide entertainment for Houston's gay and lesbian community. Click here for an in-depth article on the band's history.
The Houston Pride Band is a member of the Lesbian and Gay Band Association (LGBA), a national musical organization made up of over twenty-five bands across the nation and around the world. With LGBA, members of the Houston Pride Band have been able to participate at every Gay Games, several Presidential Inaugurations, and conferences throughout the world.
Subscribe to our 2019-2020 season! Purchase a subscription for all four concerts this season for $40.
Past Events at MATCH
- April 2023: Divas
- December 2022: Snow Business
- October 2022: Anime-zing
- June 2022: Celebrations
- April 2022: Starry Night
- December 2021: Prancers & Vixens
- December 2019: Sugar Plum Fantasy
- October 2019: Game of Crowns
- June 2019: The American Journey
- March 2019: On The Red Carpet