Sister Cities of Houston welcomes six international performance groups for its annual fall concert, Citizen to Citizen Diplomacy: Celebrating 25 Years of Peace Through Diplomacy. The VIP reception will begin at 6:00 PM. The concert will start at 7:15 PM. and will conclude with a catered reception where patrons can mingle with the performers and each other.
This year’s performers:
- Vivalda Dula is a soulful singer, songwriter, percussionist and multi-award winner who creates music inspired by her traditional Angolan roots.
- Raices del Peru performs ballet folklorico dances from the coast, highlands and Amazon jungle of Peru.
- Solero Flamenco features enchanting song, guitar music and the exhilarating dance that originated in Southern Spain.
- Xena Aouita is a multi-talented singer/songwriter who draws inspiration from her Moroccan roots, singing in a mix of English and Arabic.
- Dance of Asian America is a Houston-based dance ensemble that preserves the rich cultural heritage of China through authentic dance from the 56 ethnic groups of China.
- Langham Creek High School Chamber Singers performs in a variety of musical genres including classical, pop, and musical theater. The choir is directed by Chris Fiorini and Andrea Loer.
The annual concert is a celebration of the most diverse city in the United States and its citizens’ friendships with cities around the world.