Aperio, Music of the Americas is a Houston-based ensemble dedicated to presenting unique chamber music in performances that showcase contemporary composers from the Americas.
Through an interactive performance format, Aperio's programming examines the art music of South and North America, focusing particularly on musical contributions drawn from many indigenous and foreign cultures. The ensemble advocates for the creation and promotion of new works by both emerging and established composers, often exploring the relationship between selected repertoire and other art forms.
In the spirit of this mission, the organization is committed to expanding classical music audiences through extensive community and educational outreach programs, with a particular focus on underserved communities in the Houston area.
Past Events at MATCH
- January 2022: Southern Exposure
- October 2021: HAVANA JAZZ
- May 2021: Philip Glass: Aguas Da Amazonia
- April 2021: Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird
- March 2021: The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires
- February 2021: 'Seven Limbs' By Douglas J. Cuomo
- February 2020: MATCH GIRL & BLACKBIRD
- September 2019: ONDA NUEVA
- April 2019: The Vanishing Pavilions
- February 2019: Double Happiness & Difficult Bamboo