Aperio, Music of the Americas is a Houston-based ensemble dedicated to presenting unique chamber music in performances that showcase contemporary composers from the Americas.
Through an interactive performance format, Aperio's programming examines the art music of South and North America, focusing particularly on musical contributions drawn from many indigenous and foreign cultures. The ensemble advocates for the creation and promotion of new works by both emerging and established composers, often exploring the relationship between selected repertoire and other art forms.
In the spirit of this mission, the organization is committed to expanding classical music audiences through extensive community and educational outreach programs, with a particular focus on underserved communities in the Houston area.
Past Events at MATCH
- September 2019: ONDA NUEVA
- April 2019: The Vanishing Pavilions
- February 2019: Double Happiness & Difficult Bamboo
- October 2018: Savage Winter
- February 2018: XOCHIQUETZAL // KUKULKAN
- October 2017: MIYAMOTO IS BLACK ENOUGH
- April 2017: Gabriel Kahane in Concert
- March 2017: Hitchcock's 'The Lodger'
- October 2016: The Night Gatherers
- September 2016: New Argentinean Masters