Founded in 2006, Lone Star Lyric is an independent, non-profit opera and lyric theater presenting organization committed to showcasing Texas-based artists, premiering new chamber works by living American composers and exploring the untapped repertory of lyric composers of the past.
Lone Star Lyric (LSL) has carved a distinctive niche in Houston's rich artistic community, providing an opportunity for theater-going audiences both in Houston and beyond to satisfy their appetites for diverse opera and lyric theater experiences. LSL offers innovative, fully staged, high quality productions that immerse audiences into the show and that are presented in intimate venues as well as curating creative aging outreach/tour concert programming for audiences in retirement communities. LSL performances feature Houston's finest emerging and established opera and theater performers, singers, musicians and theater professionals.
Past Events at MATCH
- January 2017: GA GA FOR GERSHWIN
- December 2016: WHITE CHRISTMAS - SING-A-LONG, then CLOONEY & CROSBY - SING-A-LIKE
- December 2016: A SWINGIN' HOLIDAY - Musical Sleigh Ride
- October 2016: SARAH BRINDLEY: Back in the Spotlight
- October 2016: OCTOBERFEST: Polkas, Oompahs & American Songbook
- June 2016: Cabaret Matinee
- June 2016: "Night at the Algonquin" with a "Cocktail Hour Cabaret"
- June 2016: "Three Skeleton Key" and a "Radio Cabaret"