The Ponce Project is committed to promoting the rich and exceptional classical music heritage of Latin America.
The Ponce Project is a non-profit music arts organization founded in 2019 by Mexican pianist Omar Herrera. The organization's vision is to help incorporate the canon of the Latin American Classical Music repertoire into the realm of the classical music world. The Ponce Project aims to raise awareness of such repertoire by creating and cultivating knowledgeable and appreciative audiences through performances and educational projects of the highest caliber.
Past Events at MATCH
- September 2021: Women Composers of Latinoamérica
- June 2021: Ponce: Mexican Piano Music
- June 2021: Canciones de Amor
- June 2021: Ponce's Cello Sonata
- May 2021: SEASON FINALE: Let's Celebrate Latin American Classical Music!
- April 2021: Ponce: Mexican Piano Music
- March 2021: Ponce's Cello Sonata
- February 2021: Canciones de Amor