DiverseWorks commissions, produces, and presents new and daring art in all its forms through innovative collaborations that honor each artist’s vision without constraint.
Founded by artists in 1982, DiverseWorks is a force that continues to shape contemporary art practice in Houston and across the nation. A multidisciplinary arts nonprofit, we support artists through the commissioning and presentation of new projects and thrive on collaborations. We invite you to join us as we expand notions of what art is, where art happens, and what art can do.
For 40 years, DiverseWorks has served as a forum for issues and works that have had no other public outlet in Houston. Today, DiverseWorks takes an adaptive approach to physical space and is committed to decentering the contemporary art community of Houston. While since 2015 a tenant of MATCH – where we office and have access to a gallery and state-of-the-art theater spaces – we also produce performances and projects in a variety of neighborhoods and unconventional sites across the Greater Houston area. Artists take the lead, in conversation with Curator Ashley DeHoyos and Executive Director Xandra Eden, in deciding where and how their projects will be presented to the public. Recent commissions include projects by Lily Cox-Richard, Kate Gilmore & Heather Rowe, Laura Gutierrez, Li(sa) E. Harris, Jasmine Hearn, Pablo Helguera, Autumn Knight, Marina Magalhães, taisha paggett, Jefferson Pinder, and Takahiro Yamamoto, among others.
Past Events at MATCH
- November 2019: Artist Talk: Kelly Richardson
- October 2019: Diverse Discourse: Shea Little
- May 2019: Luck of the Draw
- March 2019: Diverse Discourse: Sonia Guiñansaca
- February 2019: Collective Presence
- February 2019: BERLIN'S Zvizdal [Chernobyl - so far so close]
- November 2018: Autumn Knight: M_ _ _ER
- September 2018: Lily Cox-Richard: Berm
- May 2018: Art Design Life
- March 2018: 12 Minutes Max!