The Flamenco Poets Society is a non-profit organization based in Houston dedicated to promoting an appreciation and understanding of Latin American and Spanish poets and the Flamenco Arts.
Poetry is a passion for sharing our experiences of love, humanity, honor, death and reminiscences.
The Flamenco Poets Society strives to convey the emotions of these poets who have recorded their experiences through the written word. We organize two readings per year, and our guest readers have read bilingual programs featuring the works of Federico Garcia Lorca, Pablo Neruda, Gabriela Mistral and Sor Juana Inéz de la Cruz. In addition the society presents an annual Storytellers Event and our popular Café Cantante Series.
The vision of the Flamenco Poets Society is to make Latin American and Spanish literary culture accessible and appreciated by the general public.
Past Events at MATCH
- April 2023: Alfonsina y el Mar - Poetry & Music
- November 2019: Joaquin Rodrigo - Aranjuez My Love
- February 2019: Federico Garcia Lorca - A Portrait of a Poet
- October 2016: Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz Love Poems: Music & Poetry
- February 2016: Forbidden Gardens