There's no better place to take your date on Sunday February 14, 2021 than the MATCH, where jazz singer and songwriter Raquel Cepeda will host her sixth consecutive “Jazz on Valentine’s” concert. This annual Houston tradition plays to a consistently packed house, and has become an alluring trademark of Cepeda's ever-expanding artistry. Read more
You are here
Bésame Mucho is a bolero recital, which takes the audience to the emotive and passionate world of women. Venezuelan singer Inés María Bravo, under the direction of William Sigismondi, performs a beautiful repertoire, which honors and highlights the musical work of extraordinary Latin American females of the 20th Century.
It showcases the outstanding contribution of women in the development of the bolero as a benchmark for Latin American popular music. The melodic discourse explores the diversity of the bolero through the rhythmic variations made by Caribbean countries, Mexico, and Argentina.Read more
- April 2019: How Does a Composer Compose?
- April 2019: The Vanishing Pavilions
- April 2019: Chase Sequence
- April 2019: Tchaikovsky & Elgar
- March 2019: Calling All Dawns
- March 2019: Premier Women
- March 2019: Apollo Lab
- March 2019: Folk Rock
- March 2019: Tchaikovsky Piano Trio in A Minor
- March 2019: Spheres of Influence