You are here
A year before its silver anniversary, and after a highly acclaimed première at Rice University, Gente de Teatro brings back to the stage Madenusa by Argentine playwright Claudia Soroka. The author has created an amusing piece, fresh and engaging, highlighting the experience of the immigrant and delving into the intricacies of adjusting to a different culture.
In an attempt to restart a life that had been interrupted, this time Mabel and Osvaldo, long-time residents of the USA, have invited “la Yoli” and “el Negro”* to come from Argentina for a visit. What happens when the world one left behind is suddenly back?
*Commonly used Argentine term of endearment Read more
Shirley-Diane sees her teenage son, Soren, as a painful reminder of her past. Her ex-con boyfriend, Billy, sees Soren as a reflection of his own childhood. As Billy tries to help the troubled boy, the dysfunction of hard-core addiction and manipulation blur the lines of control and love between the three. The Dead Eye Boy playwright, Angus MacLachlan is the award-winning of screenwriter of the critically acclaimed film Junebug.Read more
Stephen Bellamy is a wunderkind press secretary for a tight presidential primary race who has built a career that men twice his age would envy. But Stephen’s meteoric rise falls prey to the backroom politics of more seasoned operatives. With the backdrop of the 2020 presidential election, Farragut North by House of Cards creator Beau Willimon, is a timely story about the lust for power and the price one will pay to achieve it.Read more
- July 2019: Not So Blank Canvas
- July 2019: Houston Preliminary Competition for 2019 K-Pop Festival
- June 2019: Mutapa, Birth of the Goddesses
- June 2019: She Loves Me
- June 2019: Fade to Black Play Festival 2019
- June 2019: Speeding Motorcycle
- June 2019: When The Church Became My Enemy
- June 2019: You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
- June 2019: Second Annual Student Playwright Festival
- May 2019: Everything Grows in the Valley "A Few Good Men"