There's no better place to take your date on Sunday February 14, 2021 than the MATCH, where jazz singer and songwriter Raquel Cepeda will host her sixth consecutive “Jazz on Valentine’s” concert. This annual Houston tradition plays to a consistently packed house, and has become an alluring trademark of Cepeda's ever-expanding artistry. Read more
You are here
Bésame Mucho is a bolero recital, which takes the audience to the emotive and passionate world of women. Venezuelan singer Inés María Bravo, under the direction of William Sigismondi, performs a beautiful repertoire, which honors and highlights the musical work of extraordinary Latin American females of the 20th Century.
It showcases the outstanding contribution of women in the development of the bolero as a benchmark for Latin American popular music. The melodic discourse explores the diversity of the bolero through the rhythmic variations made by Caribbean countries, Mexico, and Argentina.Read more
- January 2016: New Music From Near & Far II
- January 2016: Texas Roots
- December 2015: The Christmas Revels
- December 2015: An Avalon Commemorative
- December 2015: Christmas Dreams
- December 2015: Christmas Celebration
- November 2015: Michel Doneda & Tatsuya Nakatani
- November 2015: Messiaen's "Quartet for the End of Time"
- November 2015: Tetuzi Akiyama, Bryan Eubanks, Jason Kahn, Toshimaru Nakamura
- October 2015: Mercury Moments: Music by Vivaldi, Mozart, and Bach