Collaborative conversations through classical Indian arts, created by twelve brilliant young artists from across the United States, form the core of YUVA 2019. Through Indian classical dance and music, the artists of the YUVA 2019 cohort explore varied themes and global influences, including mental health, the power of communication, an exploration of American musical theater, geographical landscapes described in classical Indian literature, storytelling through abstract movement, and an experimental fusion of western and Indian classical musical traditions.Read more
You are here
Feature pre-professional dancers from Uptown Dance Company II, Sr. Company and Jr. company. New works by Artistic Director Beth Gulledge-Brown and faculty members, Nao Kusuzaki and Claire Westerman, as well as by guest choreographers Chet Walker and Frances Chae.Read more
AURA Contemporary Ensemble and PSOPHONIA Dance Company present “Colony”, an exploration of our symbiotic relationship with honeybees through music and dance.
This program builds on the collaborative techniques these ensembles developed in their March 2017 program, "Memory Web", where musicians and dancers are thoroughly intertwined and share the stage equally in their own symbiotic relationship.Read more
- December 2018: Mind The Gap
- November 2018: METdance presents "When We Take Flight"
- November 2018: Olé Flamenco
- October 2018: Shortcuts
- October 2018: Falling Into Motion
- October 2018: Gallery Construction
- September 2018: Dance Infusion 2018
- September 2018: Female Voices in Motion
- September 2018: Never Again
- September 2018: The Sky Was Wild With Sunshine